Fight for Old DC has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ffodc.com
and update your bookmarks.

Fight for Old DC is a blog covering all sports in and around the District. Main focus will be on the Capitals, Redskins, Nationals, Wizards, United, and Hokies (I know they aren't DC, but it's my alma mater). Enjoy!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Preseason Week 4: @ Jacksonville



The fourth and final preseason week is here, and thank God it’s almost time for things to matter. I’m going to keep it short and sweet today, so here it goes. Jacksonville is not a particularly exciting city, and I don’t count anyone among their 347 fans a friend, so I don’t have anyone to really talk trash with. Tonight’s not even a glorified tune-up, with guys like Portis, Haynesworth, Fletcher, and the like showing up in street clothes, or not even making the trip at all. Tonight is about the final three or four roster spots that are up for grabs. Here’s what to watch for:

  • Marko Mitchell not completely surrendering the fifth and final receiver spot.
  • Whether Marcus Mason can prove to be valuable enough to keep as a fourth HB.
  • What linemen get a roster spot (glares at Mike Williams, who probably will, albeit undeservingly).
  • Who can lock down the fourth/fifth corner spots between Kevin Barnes (here’s hoping), Byron Westbrook and Justin “I can’t cover my leftover brownies with tinfoil let alone an NFL fourth-stringer” Tryon. I bet you can guess who I hope gets cut.

Try not to freak out flipping between the first round of college football games and this matchup, and I won’t fault you for switching for good at halftime. However, just be aware that Dan Snyder might just find a way to sue your ass if you don’t watch the whole game. Preseason is part of the package if you didn’t already know!


No comments: