Fight for Old DC has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ffodc.com
and update your bookmarks.

Fight for Old DC is a blog covering all sports in and around the District. Main focus will be on the Capitals, Redskins, Nationals, Wizards, United, and Hokies (I know they aren't DC, but it's my alma mater). Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My CFB Top 25: Week Four

Ok, so I wanted to go ahead and start a regular top 25 poll, and unlike the WWL or any other people that matter, I think polls shouldn't come out until at least a month into the season. Here's how I believe the top teams in the country stack up:

My Rank
TeamRecord
1
Alabama4-0
2
Florida4-0
3
Texas4-0
4
Cincinnati4-0
5
Boise State4-0
6
Virginia Tech3-1
7
TCU3-0
8
Houston3-0
9
LSU4-0
10
Southern California3-1
11
Miami2-1
12
Ohio State3-1
13
Oklahoma2-1
14
Iowa4-0
15
Kansas4-0
16
Oklahoma State3-1
17
Oregon3-1
18
Nebraska3-1
19
Georgia3-1
20
South Florida4-0
21
Michigan4-0
22
Georgia Tech3-1
23
Brigham Young3-1
24
South Carolina3-1
25
Auburn3-1

A few notable differences from the AP and USA Today Polls jump out. First, Alabama has the best win in the country, over Virginia Tech, who has also beaten two other top 25 teams. Tech's opponents have not lost a single game against teams besides the Hokies, and that puts them at the top of the one-loss teams. However, Cincy gets some brownie points from coming out of a decent Big East, and after showing some great offense and a resilient defense in the season's first month. LSU gets docked for having an inconsistent month, and they're bound to lose at least three games this season. Miami looked good until last week, and literally faltered against the perfect storm last weekend in Blacksburg. Teams I really like this week that aren't getting as much national love are Kansas, Nebraska, South Florida and Auburn. Teams I expect to falter and haven't impressed me are Michigan, USC, California (who was wiped off my list completely), and BYU. I expect to see a lot of shuffling in the coming weeks, but this is what I have so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but where's notre dame?? :) they've got to be top 10 at least!

Jason said...

I am still unconvinced of Boise State being so high ranked, but that is me. They will be jumped and I have no reason to believe they will play in the title game. I also don't think Cincy will hold either, but we shall see. I agree with you on LSU. We will see how Uf and Texas progress through the rest of the season, as they reach real teams. As for UF, I can see them finishing with a loss, perhaps even 2 (most likely Bama and some slip up). We shall see how the rest of the season finishes, as it will be as interesting as ever.

P.S. You should go give a list of your 4 worst teams of the week (totaling 5 because UVA is always on that list)