Fight for Old DC has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ffodc.com
and update your bookmarks.

Fight for Old DC is a blog covering all sports in and around the District. Main focus will be on the Capitals, Redskins, Nationals, Wizards, United, and Hokies (I know they aren't DC, but it's my alma mater). Enjoy!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome Back Stiney: Hokies Lose 28-23 in ATL

Could've seen this one coming from a mile away. What were the keys to the game for Georgia Tech? Abuse the young VT linebackers en route to a strong rushing effort...check. Force turnovers early (slash keep the crowd in it)...check. Have Kam Chancellor screw up...check. I wasn't able to watch this one, thanks to marching band as mentioned earlier, but I had my trusty Blackberry in hand (and ready to throw against a wall). From everything I've heard, and the highlights I've seen, it seemed as though we couldn't get any real key stops, and Georgia Tech came in with a great gameplan. I expected no less from a well-coached team. Frank Beamer's teams now are 0-1298483 when ranked in the top five in a game that matters, and 0-82012948 in Atlanta. Ok, not that bad, but it sure feels that way.

I could get into the stats on this one, but it just doesn't feel worth it. Maybe I'll take a little extra time this week to dive in with the week off (Redskins too), but my heart isn't in it right now. I'll just wax poetic on our relationship with the other Tech for now. I hate you Bumble Bee. You can go straight to hell. You rushed your field and punched out some of our staff members. You are classless. I hate to say this, but we have a rivalry. For the forseeable future, we will slug it out every year for the ACC Coastal crown, and I will be happy to have our boys come back to Blacksburg next year and kick your asses. But furreal, since WVU is irrelevant/off the schedule, looks like GT gets kicked up a notch. Go f*%# yourself Bumblebee.

No comments: