- Brooks Laich is developing into the kind of reliable threat that the Caps need from their secondary scorers. Thank you Peter Bondra.
- I still hate the 8-19-28 line. Does Boudreau want Ovechkin to be the biggest body on the top line? I don't think that's what anyone needs to see. Bring up Mike Knuble and make us all feel better.
- Potsy is the Potsy of old. Shortly after returning to the ice last winter, he told me he'd be back, and he said it with a fire in his eyes. Now he's brought that out onto the ice with him. I don't forsee #2 seeing a lot of the press box this season if he plays like that.
- Ovechkin is just strong. It's not easy to just out-muscle Milan Lucic in front of the net, let alone go top shelf with that puck. Wow.
- You can't tell me Tim Thomas lost respect for Mike Green after his playoff performance. Green should get a big thank you from Ovi for his first goal of the season. Thomas was preoccupied with Green down low and was out of position for the trailing Ovechkin.
- Good for Jose Theodore. That performance had to be good to his psyche after such a hard summer.
Friday, October 02, 2009
Overall, you have to be happy with opening night if you're a Caps fan. There was relatively solid defense (after the first ten minutes), calm goaltending, and an efficient power play. Here are the my thoughts about the win: